Monday, March 2, 2009

Round two!

Alright. So far, I'm failing at this. As in, I've done one post. Just one.

The thing is, I've written around thirty in my head. I keep thinking 'wow, that would be something interesting to note', or 'hey, I really should document what happened today'... then I realize that what happened today was a lot of small, random bits of me-being-awkward (common), and I lose my motivation. :)

Guess the moral of the story is I need to think less, type more. Which can be dangerous... sort of like talking in your sleep.

On the Cambridge front, nothing really new has happened. Creighton, my lovely university (which I really do adore, honestly and sincerely), has ... eh... enjoyed the PR of this scholarship. Me? Not quite so much. I never want to be a celebrity. Or even kind of famous. Keep me in the back corners or the creepy-cat-lady houses and I think I'll stay happy. I've done tons of interviews for local publications, even Omaha's newspaper. The yoga studio hung up a cut out on their board.

Something interesting has happened since winning the scholarship (aside from my brief, and nerd-related stint into infamy)... I've lost most motivation to do schoolwork. Given my semester is filled with Beginning Tennis, Weightlifting, and Gender Communications, that really isn't a huge problem. It's just... interesting. I want to be around people! Social academic? Nonsense.

I made my friend Oatbran and Oatmeal this morning. It got two thumbs up and one 'forgot how filling this stuff was'. :)

I'll try to post more. Especially as I'm starting to chat with some other bloggers. It's only fair: if I'm creeping on their life, they should be able to creep on mine.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I'm so envious! I spent a semester in London, and while I was definitely homesick I had such a good time and miss it. What degree will you be pursuing?

    It's a few hours from Cambridge, but if you ever have the chance I recommend that you visit Stourhead Gardens, it is amazing.

    ReplyDelete